AWARD in EDUCATION and TRAINING
Award in Education and Training (AET)
CCP Graduate School can offer you the Award in Education and Training (AET) programme. This Level 3 Award is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions, and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
This qualification has been designed for teachers and trainers working in, or aiming to work in, the work-based learning (WBL), further education (FE) and independent training provider (ITP) sectors. It’s an introductory teaching qualification that will give you the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
Objective of the qualification
The BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is an introductory teaching qualification. Achieving this Award will provide sufficient evidence that the learner has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions, in a variety of teaching or training contexts. This introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum teaching practice requirement. Therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role. However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in micro–teaching.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- individuals not currently teaching or training
- individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or are about to begin
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification providing an introduction to teaching.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
- develop skills in teaching and learning
- achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (3 Credits)
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training (6 Credits)
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training ( 3 Credits)
Methods of Assessment
In order to achieve your qualification you will complete a series of theoretical and practical tasks. You practical task includes a micros teaching session.
Our qualified teaching staff will guide you through the process, through focused classroom activities , lectures and webinars.
Entry requirements for Award
You must be aged 19 or over to enroll on this course. You are also required to have a good level of written and spoken English to complete the theory and practical assessments.
Those needing additional support in English written and spoken skills can follow our diagnostic to assess the improvements required. CCP Graduate school is well equipped to provide this support and you can access this anytime anywhere 24/7
Course delivery method
CCP Graduate school use a blended approach to course delivery. We will use all the latest technology to deliver these qualifications and you will be engaging in session activities, group activities and complete a micro teach session.
You will have a dedicated support tutor who will provide you support that you require.
For more informationREGISTER